January 28, 2011

Things that I have learned....



Time flies! It seems that me and my husband were just thinking on how to start and how to end the winter camp. Now, it was over.

I learned a lot from this project. First, I discovered that no matter how tired and sleepy I am, I can still manage to wake up early in the morning to prepare for the whole day's classes. Second, I learned that, me and my husband can work together minus arguments. I also discovered that his patience is to the nth level when it comes to work related issues. But most of all, I again proved that religion can not guarantee one's attitude; that even if the person is not devoted to whatever religion, there is a tiny part of kindness in his heart.

Lots of things happen in just 21 days. I experienced that in terms of work, some Filipinos are proven to be lazy. They want an easy going job. A job that won't use their intellectual capacity. It's just irritating to know that I have seen this disappointment from a friend. A friend that I have to erase from my list.

I have also discovered that there are people who are insensitive and too slow to catch up weather you like to be close to them or not. I don't want to be rude at that time but I have to, just to show her that our working relationship won't go beyond it. I just couldn't imagine that I still have to tell her frankly that I don't like to be her close friend.

I also proved that a college degree won't guarantee that a person is suitable for the job. An English major who can't even pronounce the word "laugh" properly. She is even proud to tell me that she graduated with high grades. I wonder what kind of teachers she had?

The worst of all that I discovered that there is really a person who loves to take advantage of other people. Why is it that if they see foreigners, their eyes can only see the dollar sign. OMG! If only I can tell them that this person is also working hard to have a comfortable life.

Anyway, I am thankful that I have known people like them. This only tells me that we have to be careful next time. And we also learned that we have to be selfish sometimes. There is a saying goes, "In business, you have to slay your family, your friends and even your love ones," specially if they deserve it.

2 comments:

kittypaws said...

OMG! She couldn't pronounce the word "laugh" despite the fact that she graduated with honors and to think that she was an English major. *rolls eyes* Aigoo! I guess not all people who have a diploma are qualified. Some, heaven forbid, perhaps just paid their way through the top. Who knows? *shakes head* This just proves that even college drop outs can excel in something as long as they put their hearts into it.

Unknown said...

Definitely right bes! Education doesn't guarantee success. :)

Pages