March 4, 2011

Delicious Chicken

My week has been a lazy week but I am happy that I still managed to cook. :) Me and my husband were tired of the same recipe everyday so I tried to cook something different. I was able to find a recipe from the net that I can try to cook. So I asked my husband to buy me the ingredients I will need in cooking. Here's the outcome:


Yangnyeom tongdak with water melon

I decorated it with watermelon. Grapes would be better for decoration but it isn't available so I came up with the watermelon toppings.

양념통닭 (In Hangul) My husband can't wait to taste it so the fork is ready.


This recipe is awesome! For people who are not into eating spicy foods you can reduce the amount of chili paste and add more of the ketchup. :)

2 comments:

kittypaws said...

Looks scrumptious! Unfortunately, you didn't put the recipe out here for all to see. I would have loved to read it. :)

Unknown said...

Oh! I forgot :) Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
chicken chunks, salt, ground black pepper, potato starch powder, flour, sweet rice flour, egg, baking soda, canola oil (or vegetable oil), garlic, ketchup, chili paste, rice syrup, vinegar

Direction:
1. Rinse chicken chunks and drain.
2. Add ground black pepper, salt, potato starch, all-purpose flour, sweet rice flour, baking soda and egg.
3. Mix well to coat the chicken completely.
4. Deep fry the chicken. Set aside when done.

How to make the sauce.
1. Put cooking oil and minced garlic into a frying pan.
2.Add tomato ketchup, rice syrup, chili paste, and vinegar. Simmer the mixture. Make sure to make the heat low so the sauce won't be burned.
3. Mix the fried chicken. Coat it with the sauce.
4. Sprinkle sesame seed. You can also decorate it with fruits.

Note: I didn't specify the amount. Adjust the amount of the ingredients depending on your taste. Enjoy!

Courtesy of Maanchi. :)

Pages