December 31, 2012

Our 2012 Journey

There were so many hearsay that 2012 is the end of the world but it seems like it isn't for us. We started the year with my husband's family. Since we recently moved in, there are so many plans that my husband and I had talked about. 

We decided to make a few house renovations and luckily before the summer (March-May) ended, we were able to accomplish the goal. June comes and we also talked about future plans for his siblings education. God is so fortunate that we were able to have enough cash to spend for their enrollment. Although  we have some ups and downs in terms of financials, we managed to stay steady. Rainy season has started and we need to work on my father-in-law's farm. We managed to saved some of our income for the farm. Cultivation has finally started and we need to help to buy some seeds, fertilizer and so on. I never thought that I won't have much stress thinking of the finances. Thanks God! 

Second semester is almost approaching and again we need cash for the enrollment. My husband is lucky enough to have some bonuses from work. My wage also got almost doubled and it was in time for another project. We need to reconstruct our restroom since we have been using a very old restroom, older than me and older then my father-in-law. We began the construction in the middle of the year and after a month, it was finished. 

I decided to quit my second job since it requires me to stay up late until 4 am and it is affecting my health. I suffered from hypo-tension and I can't afford giving up my health for the job. After a week, I made up my mind and find for another job. God is great enough to give me a more descent hours of work. Although it is a bit difficult for me to wake up early in the morning, I was able to manage it after a month. The company is professional enough to recognize its employees efforts and performance giving awards and bonuses. Because of my punctuality I was given a raise thrice. 

November came and harvest time is near, everybody went busy but happy since we had a good harvest this year. We don't need to buy rice for the whole year. 

My sister has also spent some of her free time with us which made us even closer. December came and we made up our mind to visit our parents. I asked my husband to go with me since it is going to be after Christmas. Our Christmas eve was just simple regardless some heavy misunderstandings that we had before the celebration. We then went to my hometown (Cagayan Valley) after Christmas and I was very happy since we were able to see my parents doing fine. My husband and I also planned to help in renovating our house where I was born. Hoping and staying positive that we will be able to provide for the reconstruction and also for their everyday needs. 

It's the end of the year and we are getting busy. We went shopping on the 30th of December also celebrated my brother-in-law's birthday. I was grateful that we were able to buy them presents which they wanted to have. Seeing their smiles on their faces makes me happier. 

This year has been very good to me. Although there are times that I am on the verge of giving up, positivity sinks in. Frankly, I was almost falling out but I was thankful that God made a way for me not to stumble, gave me a glimmer of hope, made me look back and see what we have achieved together. I am thankful that I can still stand head up high and live by my principles. Thanks 2012 for being a good friend. Thanks to all the people who gave me sorrows and pain, happiness and laughter which made me even stronger. We are welcoming the year 2013 with love and understanding leaving all the burdens I think so heavy to carry and taking only the ones I know I can bear. 

No comments:

Pages