November 6, 2014

Boracay Escape 2014

Working with foreign people will make you open your mind to so many possibilities I would say. When we talk about Philippines, the first thing that they know is Boracay Island. One of my Japanese student once told me, Boracay tour is the talk of the town. It's a shame I don't know anything about it except the ones I read from the internet.  Hence, this is one of the reason why I visited the place aside from getting out of my usual routine.

September 2014, I got a long holiday from my Korean company and so I booked a flight to Boracay. It will be my first to go as far as 400km by plane from Manila. I was excited of course!  Who isn't?

Me on the plane bound for Caticlan

Touching down Caticlan airport, I can smell the sea. That means, the island is just that close. I took a tricycle ride to the sea port, rode a small ferry, took another tricycle to the accommodation and in no time I have seen the famous white beach. 

Touch down Boracay Airport

I stayed at Moreno's cottage and I was so happy I was given a room on the attic with a small balcony.  I can see the beautiful scenery of thick trees surrounding the cottage.

View from the cottage's balcony


I wasn't able to do some activities because of the southwest monsoon. The waves were so high I can't see boats sailing. But I enjoyed the white sand. They were so fine, it feels so good on the feet. I jogged for a while on the seashore at dawn. I savored the moment when the wind coming from the sea touched my skin.


My feet loved the sand


The sea was angry :)
A foreign tourist enjoying the scenery


My last night on the island; I tried to experience the night life. I went out drinking at a bar of Mandarin Hotel. The cool breeze, the live band plus a bucket of beer completed my night.



The bucket of beer



Perfect for the beer

The live band
 After few hours of enjoying the drinks, the food, the live band and the people around, I decided to retire since I will have to wake up earlier the next morning for my trip to Kalibo airport.

Waking up in the morning, the sun finally came up. I guess the sun was telling me to go back and explore the island next time. LOL

A fine weather to explore but I was going back home. Tsk!



On my way back to Caticlan port (Going home)
Thank you Boracay for the memories! See you again! :)





No comments:

Pages