November 11, 2014

Please Don't Look For Me


written by: Susan G. Cura
November  11, 2014 @ 11:57 pm

Please don't look for me when I am gone
I may have found a new road to journey on
It's not that I don't care for you anymore
But sometimes we must walk through new doors

I hope you understand my need to roam
To find my own path, to find my own home
I cherish the moments we had together
But it's time for me to fly like a feather

I don't want to hold you back or cause you pain
Our lives must go on, but never the same
We shared memories that will forever last
But sometimes we must part and let go of the past

Please don't blame yourself or ask why
There are no reasons, no need to cry
Life is a journey, and we all must stray
I hope we cross paths again someday

Until then, please don't look for me when I am away
Let me move forward and find my own way
You'll always be remembered with fondness and love
But I must let go of the past and soar above.


2 comments:

kittypaws said...

Very heart-wrenching. I used to write sad poems such as these but at the moment, I cannot find the words to do so. Anyway, I sincerely hope this is all just a product of inspiration and not happening to you in real life. It has been a long time, my dear friend. Hope all is well with you.

Unknown said...

Thank you :) Same here, it's been a long time since I have written one. It's just last night I was able to put the words together. Don't worry, you know I am strong enough to deal with any kinds of problems. I am fine really. I guess our lives just became busier and that made us a bit distant from each other. So many things to talk about when we meet again. Perhaps do the things we have done before. I hope.

Pages