January 19, 2015

BonChon Chicken: A restaurant review

I love eating chicken, who doesn't? Unless you're allergic. Every time I meet my friends, we often try other kinds of restaurant we haven't eaten to together. I seldom travel to Manila because I really don't like the traffic and the pollution, which I hate the most. I am not saying Manila is like Beijing but since I was born in a country-side and now living in one as well, it's really hard for me to stay there for a longer time. I lived in Manila for 6 years I guess but still, I didn't like the place, I just did because of work. 

I was meeting my sister and so I asked my friends if we could meet up to maximize my time there. It was past lunch time when we were finally together. Mind you, my friends are really "on time". hahaha! Go figure! We decided to have lunch at BonChon chicken, a newly-opened fast food chain in the Philippines, as far as I know. We ordered this Team Bonchon group meal worth 645 php which includes a certain number of pieces of chicken, japchae, drinks, rice,fries and  a side dish. We chose, a spicy and a soy garlic chicken, ice tea and kimchi. We also had a separate order of bulgogi noodle soup because almost all of the foods were dry.

Here comes the food! For the reason I so love eating spicy foods and a lover of Korean food, I chose to eat the spicy flavor but it didn't taste spicy at all. I looked for the kimchi but it is just a plain coleslaw sprinkled with chili powder which barely tasted kimchi. What's really disappointing is the chicken, the taste was all in the skin but after the skin, it tasted BLAND. And there was NO gravy! I didn't taste the japchae as I was already disappointed with the other dishes. I tried the bulgogi but then it was too sweet for me. Because of this, I patiently finished mine. Oh well, good thing, my friend's stories were awesome!

By the way, we ate at BonChon Chicken Shopwise Cubao branch.


P.S: I will take a photo when I happen to pass by there again; just pass by, not eat. LOL!

No comments:

Pages