January 30, 2015

Unending hunt for "Atill Alice"

The book "Still Alice" by Lisa Genova is so elusive! I have gone to different bookstores near my place and also in the city but still no luck. I really don't know but I have this big desire in reading it, my instinct tells me it's a great read. I refuse to read reviews about it as I want to surprise myself of the contents. Well, I guess I am the one surprised with how difficult it is to find!

I tried looking over National Bookstore's website and there was it in the listing so I immediately placed my order even I know the shipping fee was expensive. I was elated and I was counting the days to when I receive it. Yesterday, I got a call from their customer service rep and I was saddened with what I heard. "Ma'am, I am sorry but the book Still Alice is already sold out." And because I just woke up from my afternoon nap, I was not able to say anything except, "That's the saddest thing I heard today." I know she was sorry and she was trying to offer me something but I just asked her to refund my payment. 

Last night, finally I decided to browse my ebay and of course I have seen listings of it. Unfortunately, most come from the US and the UK. I am also surprised with the ridiculous shipping fees. I used to buy books from ebay coming overseas but most of them were of free shipping. I eyed on one seller with the cheapest shipping fee but still undecided to whether I will buy it or not. It is because I will be waiting for 25 days for it to arrive. I am thinking, local bookstores might restock it. 

I am torn. LOL!

5 comments:

Alpha Assignment Help said...

Great work did by you. Informative and problem-solving content that users can easily digest can work for all types of blogs. When a user finds something informative on a blog, he/she is more likely to come back from your side. academic assignment writing

Alpha Assignment Help said...

I usually do not comment on posts but this article stands out from others. I could learn several new things from it. It is great when you are able to gain an understanding on topics that were unknown. Thanks for that.
Jobs in Dubai
Dubai jobs
Hotels in Dubai
Job in Dubai
Dubai Hotels
Dubai City
Expo 2020 Dubai
World Expo 2020 Dubai

Expo 2020 said...

I will be able to use so many learnings in real life. Would like to read more content from you. rta bus routes

Alpha Assignment Help said...

I know this is one of the most meaningful information for me. And I'm animated reading your article. But it's a good thing, the website is perfect; the articles are great. Thanks for the tone of tangible and possible help.
best assignment help

Alpha Assignment Help said...

You have performed a great job on this article. It's very precise and highly qualitative. You've managed to make it readable and easy to read. You have some real writing talent. Thank you so much.
get assignment help

Pages