January 6, 2015

Waiting, waiting and waiting!

December 26th - 27th: ( This should be posted on the 27th but the WiFi connection at Ninoy Aquino International Airport terminal 4 was so weak, I can't even open any browser.)
    ==========================================================

A more than 12 hour bus travel from Cagayan Valley to Manila left me sleepy but luckily my brain was sharp, if not I could have been ripped off by taxi drivers for I took a taxi from Victory Liner Cubao terminal to NAIA. I know it is super early but I intended to go there as early as possible to avoid heavy traffic. I asked the taxi driver to drop me off at terminal 3. I planned to take a shower at Kenko lounge which I read frrom Trip@dora, little I know I should be departing from terminal 4. I was suspicious I was at the wrong terminal when I couldn't find check in counters of the airline so I immediately asked help from a security personnel. He then gave me directions and even tips on how to get a metered taxi. Whoever you were, thanks for the big help!

Entering terminal 4, I immediately looked for seats where I can settle and maybe take a nap for a while but it was unfortunate, all seats where occupied and even half of the floor. I decided to do a self check in but then the machine didn't print out my boarding pass so I still needed to queue.  Good thing they allowed me to get my boarding pass even if my flight was way too early; I heard the others still needed to wait before they do (oh well, sometimes we need to use our talents, haha!) Since there were no vacant seats, I decided to just settle with the Europeans who were sound asleep on the floor and I started to snore, hahaha! Kidding! Taking a nap helped me stop thinking of taking a shower. 

This was where I seated for almost 5 excruciating hours


When you are waiting for something, it seems like the Earth stops spinning especially if you are uneasy seated down a very cold floor.

I just hope one day, terminal 4 will be able to accommodate more people particularly during the holiday season.

Regardless, it was a wonderful experience!

No comments:

Pages