February 23, 2015

The Search for Ramen

Yesterday, Feb 22, 2015 was my schedule to go to the derm clinic for my IPL treatment. I then asked my friends if we could meet up. I also asked my husband to accompany me because I know I am not feeling well emotionally. I might get off the wrong station or perhaps I won't go home anymore if I went alone.  Sitting on the bus, my mind is flying over the void thinking of many things on how to divert my attention into something positive. It's hard but I must. I wanted to have an eye cleansing but then I have to control since I am in a public place. So then, I was trying to tell stories to my husband, appreciating the beauty of the scenery we were passing by and luckily we got to our destination without me doing the eye cleansing.

After my IPL treatment, we took a taxi to Trinoma because my friend's house is near there and the weather was  hot for them to travel to Cubao, besides they just came from a Christening, they really gave time for our meet up. Before the meeting, Gael and I decided to eat at a Ramen restaurant because she can't eat hard food; she just got her braces. We searched for Ramen X which was also located at the same mall.

They arrive at around 3 pm I guess; my husband and I killed time at Dairy Queen. Ice cream! I think eating sweets helps in feeling happiness so even I don't have a sweet tooth, I asked my husband to drop by at DQ. Once they arrived, we scouted for Ramen X, we asked the customer service counter but they don't know about it. I then consulted my gps and it says it is on the rooftop. But we ended up eating at Hokkaido Ramen Santouka.

You can't miss to appreciate this sign at the door.




And this another sign on their wall going to the restroom.


My husband ordered Spicy Ramen.


I ordered Shoyu Ramen. It's a soy sauce flavor.


Gael and Peejay ordered a group meal with chicken, a bowl of ramen, rice, tea and some deserts.


The smell of the ramen really made me hungry.  While eating, I was actually thinking if I am eating the same kind of ramen they have in Japan. LOL!  But, it was yummy! I love salty foods so it was really good for me.
I can't complain with the ambiance of the restaurant, I guess the lighting was a perfect match for the color of the things inside. The waiters are really friendly and they made sure that our glasses of water never went empty. Although the price was a little expensive, it's worth it!  We'll eat here again whenever we crave for ramen.
The satisfied customers
The Inside
Such a wonderful eating experience! I was able to divert my mind even just for a short time.


P.S. Just today, I asked my student if the ramen I ate looks the same with the ramen they have in Japan and I am happy, she said yes! :)

No comments:

Pages