June 5, 2015

Seriously! No Pain, No Gain!

The hot season is almost ending as I can feel. O well, it should have ended but if I am not mistaken, we just experienced 3 times of rain by the end of May and just twice for this month so far. I can still feel the agonizing heat of the sun from 10 am until 4 pm. 

Anyway, because classes in schools has started, I need to get myself back to working hard or else the students I am sending to school will stop; this also means that I have to lessen my days of swimming. It's okay since the whole month of April and May were spent mostly in swimming pools and beaches.
My idea of overcoming my hydrophobia and learning to swim had given me a lot of pain physically. But I didn't mind those since I was really determined to do what I want to do. So the saying "No pain, no gain" really applied to me.
I experienced muscle pain every other day after swimming for 5-8 hours. My arms, shoulders and ankles seem to be crying after overusing them. I really have difficulty getting up in the morning and going up and down the stairs. I cannot even do my Pilates exercises!

In addition to that, parts of my body that were exposed to the sun were really sun burned. One of my neighbors told me once " Anong nangyari sayo? Hindi kita nakilala? (What happened to you? I didn't recognize you). That's because I look so dark. Talk about being confident in wearing a two-piece swimwear!  

My sunburned upper body
There was one time I was so stubborn to try another swimming pool nearby because the other one was rented exclusively. However, I was dismayed because the pool was dirty and the people were ill-mannered. They don't know how to dispose their garbage properly. They jumped-off the swimming pool with their slippers and not even wearing the appropriate swimming wear. As a result I got rashes all over my body and worst, I got ringworm! Good thing it's almost cured now.

Ringworm on my lower breast!
Rashes on my legs
I was whining after we went swimming to that resort that day but then I realized I guess I really need to experience pain to overcome my hydrophobia.

Now, I have the courage to dive and reap the benefits of swimming and be friends with the water!

No comments:

Pages