August 14, 2015

Who Wants Kebab?

Cooking is something I do when I feel sad, angry, or happy.

With that, I went back to cooking after I got sick for a few weeks. My palate craved for something after eating bland foods and taking doses of medicines. My entire bed rest was dedicated to reading, watching movies and digging the internet for some recipes I may want to cook someday. 

I haven't used my broiler for a long time since after I invaded someone's kitchen. I can't even remember when was that. I thought pineapple pork kebab might do well in there.  I have been watching Cooking with Jack Show but I haven't tried cooking his recipes, so I thought this one is easy enough to do, besides it can be a family bonding. LOL! You can look for the recipe from the video.

Not everyone in the family eats pork so I decided to use beef, chicken and pork. Lot's of choices, ey? I am generous I guess. hahaha! Since I hate shopping, I asked someone to do the shopping for me but of course there's always a mistake but it doesn't matter, it makes me more resourceful.

While the broiler is busy doing its job, our noses are already full of the yummy smell of the food. I couldn't wait to taste it!

Pineapple Beef Kebab
I cooked the beef kebab for 20 minutes with a temperature of 350 degree.  I had to flip them after ten minutes to cook it evenly. With my experience of cooking, beef tend to cook longer than pork and chicken. So the high temperature helped a lot, it didn't burn though the outside of the beef was a little crispy and the inside was juicy.

Pineapple Chicken Kebab

Pineapple Pork Kebab

The pork and chicken kebab were both cooked in 20 minutes with a temperate of 150 degrees. I did the same thing, flipped them after 10 minutes. 

I was very happy everyone was able to enjoy the recipe. Of course, beer is always present when I cook something so we set aside some for those who want to drink beer after dinner. I had to pass since I don't feel like drinking and I can't believe I refused to drink beer. LOL! 

What's next? Vietnamese food? Let's see. I have to go hunt a Vietnamese restaurant first!

No comments:

Pages