September 29, 2015

Still Alice: The Hunt Is Over


On my work desk
Finally! After waiting for a long time, I finally get my own copy of Still Alice. I have controlled myself from watching the movie for I wanted to read the book first. The previous weeks, I was so desperate I almost bought the book online which is 4x the price locally. 

The first time I ordered the book online from National Bookstore, it was a total failure because I got a call the next day after placing the order that the book is no longer available. I was like, what?! Why is still posted online if it's no longer available? Oh well, the website is not updated. I was recommended to buy the dvd instead LOL! Come on! 

Then, I started digging up the internet for copies. Most are coming from the UK and the US. After careful thinking, I thought of the the estimated time of delivery when I buy overseas. It usually takes a month or so to be delivered. Hence, I waited for copies locally. After so many emails following up on the order, I got good news the other week. It's already available near my place! Yey! 

I can't thank the person enough to go extra mile in getting this book for me. It's the last copy so he ran to the bookstore to buy it after he reserved it over the phone. Awwww! That was just so sweet of you! He knows I can trade my coffee addiction for a book. But of course, having coffee while reading is one of the best way to relax. haha! Still bargaining for the coffee, ey?

Greeting me every morning :D

He even made me a book marker! Yippee!

No comments:

Pages