October 30, 2015

2016 Philippine Election: Registration


Will the Philippines bloom or wither?
We are almost at the end of the registration of new voters, transfer of voters and so on for next year's national election. Since I don't stay in one place before I got married, I decided not to vote. This time that I am settled in one place I think, it's time to register and I did it yesterday. 

While I was filling out the forms, I can hear people asking questions to each other what they should write on those forms. I am busy filling out the forms so I didn't mind them. I had a hard time handwriting since I am now used to typing on keyboards so I got a little slower than expected. I was reviewing the forms after filling them out when a guy suddenly approached me.

The conversation went this way:

Verbatim

Guy: Miss, ano pong isusulat sa street? (Miss, what will I write under street?) 
Me: Kung ano pangalan ng street kung saan ka nakatira. ( The name of the street where you live) 
Guy: E ung number po? (How about the number?) 
Me: Number ng bahay na tinitirhan mo. ( The house number where you live) 
Guy: Paano pag wala pong number? (What if there's no number) 
Me: E wag mong lagyan kung wala. (Don't write anything if there's none)

The conversation made me pause for a few minutes. It made me think how many people like him can't fill out simple forms. It made me think what kind candidates will be put to office. It made my whole being froze in a few minutes thinking what the next generation inherit from us. I suddenly felt very sad realizing how pitiful my country is. 

One more thing that I can't get off my mind is that the person assisting us kept returning back the forms of most people that time because they can't get it correctly. This is the reality we are in. I am not saying that majority of people in the Philippines are like this but there are many who are. I can't avoid discussing the issue at home. 

Does the Philippines still have hope to prosper? 

I  hope so! God bless the Philippines!

No comments:

Pages