October 8, 2015

I Felt The Chill

The University Athletic Association of the Philippines Cheer dance Competition 2015 is over. I have read countless of comments and criticisms regarding the result of the competition. I wasn't able to watch the competition on TV and so I waited for it on Youtube. I can't wait to watch and see how it went

I just saw it the other day. I watched NU's , UST's, FEU's and then UP's team. Call it bias but as a former Iska I still cheered for UP. I know nothing about cheer dancing but wacthing UP's team many times makes me think most comments were right. The first time I did, I noticed I was smiling. I just love how they executed everything. Flawless! Then came the end, I felt a chill when I heard the Wardy Puyod's guitar rendition of UP Naming Mahal. Mind you, I sang while I was watching it.
I have seen this rendition on Youtube a year ago and from then on I felt in love with it. In fact, I made it as my ring tone and my alarm tone. Also, I watch the video every morning before I commence work. I really don't know but it makes me work more. It also reminds me to continue my own little advocacy in my own little way no matter how hard it is. I know it is damn hard but it is the only way for me to give back.

Furthermore, listening to it reminds me of all the memories I had back in the university. It reminds me mostly of how I stumbled and stood up so many times. I often say, when I was in UP, I felt like I was thrown in the middle of a dessert to find the oasis. I can't thank UP enough for all the teachings inside and outside school.

This rendition also brings me back to the time when I used to go to Baywalk after work and watch local bands play their music. I miss that! In addition, I can also vividly remember when someone played a guitar in front of me when I visited Camiguin. Such wonderful memories worth keeping!

Since I started earning more than I need, I told myself, "it's time to help others find their oasis"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aramidem ti amin nga kayam ken aggapu dita kaungam ti tumulong kadagiti pada tay nga marigrigat.saludo nak ti kaaddaan ti busilak nga pusom

Unknown said...

Agyaman nak Dan! Sapay la kuma ta agbunga ti nasayaat amin. Ngem nu saan, ket kasta latta ti biag, anya? :D

Unknown said...

Awan ti anyaman na ngem mamatiak nga kayam dayta😃

Pages