December 24, 2015

Christmas 2015 - Way to Baguio

I haven't traveled much this year after my epic one on the New Year. Since Christmas is not highly celebrated where I live, I decided to go somewhere. I asked my husband if he could come along, also my two in-laws who are having their birthdays in December. I hate shopping and also a bit tired of manning the kitchen so I am pretty sure there won't be any celebration for them unless they will come along. When I told them, they were more excited than I do! 

Before the day of the trip came, we made sure to ready everything. I asked my husband to reserve our tickets at Victory Liner Cubao. Mind you, they don't have online reservations, huh, I thought it's an airline. nyahahahaha! Itineraries are done and so our jackets! Brrr! It's cold in there :D 

The day of the trip came. I have no sleep for we are leaving at 2 am and my work hours ends at 11:30 pm. I then decided to just finalize our luggage. I was done finalizing at 12:30 am. It doesn't matter, I will just sleep on the bus. 

While waiting for our ride to the bus stop

We were all ready before 2 am. Our ride arrived at 2:30. Talk about being on time! We reached the bus station at almost 3 am. The first trip from my town to Manila is at 3:30, unfortunately, the bus arrived at almost 4. OMG! As expected, we were late for our 7 am bus from Manila to Baguio. Status changed from reserved passengers to chance passengers! Not from single to married or vice versa. hahaha! I was worried but then I realized, I have been a chance passenger fro almost 4 years when I was in college and I did it even during the peak season when it was like finding a needle in a haystack. So I calmed my nerve and let it be. Luckily, we were able to get a ride and we were on the front seats!!! Yey! 

Victory liner ride 2045
It was a comfy ride and I slept a lot during the travel. I only woke up on the stop overs. We had three 15-minute stop over during the almost 8 hour ride. Traffic is horrible along Tarlac and Pangasinan! 

Inside Victory Liner
I really liked our ride because the bus smell wasn't that strong compared to some buses which will make your stomach turn just by the smell of it. Also, there are no luggage in the middle not like when I travel back to Cagayan Valley during my university years. 


The Driver
To sum it up, we had a nice journey, thanks to the driver who was really careful in taking care of our souls during the trip. 

Now, it's time to stretch my legs and my patience to be ready to go around the City of Pines! 


No comments:

Pages