January 18, 2016

Trip to Baguio: Burnham Park At Night

Having our lunch at the Ketchup community made us full and want to hit the sack. We all feel tired and dirty after going around therefore we went back to the hotel to take some rest. Well,  we were all knocked down!

I woke up at 9 pm and as usual, I had to wake everybody up for dinner. It's late again for us to try the hotel's restaurant so we ended up going out. We dropped by Burnham Park and we agreed to walk from there and scout for open restaurant. We were trying our best not to eat at any fast food restaurants. The park was well lit and there were many people; even so we could still found a place to sit. Taking pictures is difficult because it's crowded, also I just don't want to expose my hands because it was freaking cold! 

Man-made lake



Lamp post
We planned to go to the flea market along Harrison road and see if we can buy something for us and for the people back home. There are so many second hand items or "ukay-ukay" as we call it in the Philippines but I only bought two pieces of kitchen utensils. It's fun to see and hear people bargaining. I am just so bad at that! LOL!

 Most of the restaurants were closed so we ate at a small eatery near Harrison road. The food servers were really nice. We wanted to have bulalo or beef shank soup unfortunately it was no longer available. I guess they noticed we want to have soup because of the cold weather so they gave us free pork stew instead. They were just lovely!

After eating, we tried to find our way back to the hotel on foot. I guess we went around Harrison road and Burnham Park twice already and still no luck. hahaha! We were all have no sense of direction! While walking I saw this very disappointing scenery!

Trash is everywhere!
I just don't know why people don't have the initiative to throw their garbage properly. With all the places we have been to, trash is just everywhere except only in The Mansion because foods and drinks are strictly prohibited inside. I am positive Baguio city will be polluted in no time if people won't discipline themselves in dealing with their trash! 

Oh well! There's always two sides of a coin.

No comments:

Pages