January 15, 2016

Trip to Baguio: Second day: Botanical Garden, Wright Park and The Mansion

After Lion's head, we got off at the jeepney terminal near Burnham Park, rode another jeepney going to Botanical Garden. The jeepney's route is Mine's View Park. We wanted to go straight to Mine's View Park then get off at Botanical Garden going back but we settled to do it the next day.

Taken from the jeepney
Since I forgot to take a photo of the Botanical Garden sign, I took one while riding the jeepney when we rode back. I guess I was too excited to go inside the garden. It was a wide area which we were not able to see everything because we were tired. While enjoying the cool breeze, I tried to take some photos of what's inside. 

One of the statues inside Botanical Garden

Vine of flowers
I just  so love the trees on the background

Contagious smiles
After 30 minutes of stay, we went on foot to The Mansion. It was not really far but because the road is a little steep, we were catching our breath while walking, no, climbing!

Remember not to bring foods and drinks inside. I understand why they have this rule. Some people are so irresponsible with their garbage. The guards are also attentive and from time to time I can hear them calling people's attention. I really don't understand why people are just so stubborn! People can't go around this place so we just sat down somewhere to take a rest for a while. Then we went on foot again. We pass by Wright Park, took some pictures before we headed to the Ketchup community where we ate our lunch. 

Portion of the pond surrounded with different flowers.
While heading to Ketchup community, we noticed we haven't seen birds but then suddenly I caught this on my camera! Such a lovely creature trying to pick up some foods dropped by the people.


While I was  taking the picture above,  something unusual caught my brother in-law's attention. hahaha! I feel bad for the owner of those shoes!


Overall, it was a great tour. I really loved doing the long distance walk even in the middle of a sunny day; it was still cool. It is more fun to be a tourist in the cheapest way possible!

No comments:

Pages