January 23, 2016

Trip to Baguio: Third day

Our second day tour was really tiring but fulfilling because we made it without taking the taxi.  We were thinking of going to PMA and Mine's View Park but then we woke up late so we didn't know if we can make it.


First we went to Mine's View Park. When we arrived at the jeepney terminal, there was a long line of passengers waiting for the jeepney. I guess it's because it's Christmas day, so most of the jeepney operators were taking a day off. My mind was telling me we won't be able to make it to PMA. It was really a good day and the sun seems to be a little angry at that time! It was hot!

Hot beautiful day
In addition to that, the park is full of people! We did our best to witness the beauty of nature including the beauty of humans! hahaha! We can't go to the observation deck because it's too crowded and the sun was trying to fry us. LOL!  The picture below can't justify the mining spots of Itogon. This is the closest my camera can get.


Gold and copper mining  area
While our eyes were happy with was being seen, I can't take my mind off the dogs working. Working as I say because they pose on camera with people in exchange for some amount of money. I felt sorry because the weather was hot and the dogs were already panting.

Tired dog

Bored dog
I feel bad looking at them because I can tell they're not loving what they're doing. They aren't given treats by their owners after posing on camera with tourists. I suddenly missed my dog during that time. :( 

Since there is no way we can get closer to the observation deck unless we wait until sun down or squeeze ourselves with other people, we made up our minds to grab some snacks nearby. After that we went up Cordillera World. It's like a museum of hand-made products of the people in Cordillera. You can also buy them if you wish to. 







I wanted to buy some of them but I was thinking it will be difficult for us to carry them back home. Well, this means we will be going back here next time to buy what I want.  I still didn't want to go out because of the heat so we explored more of the place until we saw a wishing cauldron. My in-laws were making fun of it together with my husband. My brother in-law said, "I think we have to dance first so our wish will come true". And the music seemed to be perfect for their dance. hahaha!

The wishing cauldron
Good thing I was fast enough to grab my camera and took a video.


After having fun, I asked them to have lunch nearby. We entered a not so nice looking eatery but, men, the food was delicious! Unfortunately, I forgot the name of the place. It's just few minutes walk from the cordillera world. Their chayote leaves salad was something I can't forget. It was incredibly delicious!


The food was cheap. We only spent around $8 for four people which made us pretty full. The best lunch I had in Baguio City. And the view was just stunning!
After lunch, we tried to buy some sweets for people back home. Surprisingly, they weren't that expensive so we bought a lot. My in-laws' arms are big enough to carry them anyway. hahaha!

Going down, my sister in-law wanted to drop by the haunted house. Since I am having headache and I think I needed to rest for a while, I agreed.

The haunted house
They were scaring each other when we got off the jeepney. I asked them if they want to enter so my sister in-law inquired for the entrance fee. It was $1.04 and I was like really? I said "If I will be able to see ghost inside, I'll pay for that". hahaha!

I wanted to drop by the University of the Philippines Baguio but then my headache was killing me so instead we headed back to the hotel.

I guess I really need to go back there and say hello to Oble! Wishing he says hi back. hahaha!

No comments:

Pages