March 30, 2016

First Cooking Request


There are so many holidays and weekends lately that my in-laws went home from their boarding house. It has been my tradition to cook something for them every time they do. One reason is, having them in the kitchen with me while I'm cooking is my perfect way of bonding with them. 

We have so many left over pasta from the New Year celebration so I decided to cook baked macaroni. I don't have sweet tooth so I decided to go Italian style. They say cheese is the secret of cooking a delicious baked macaroni so even if parmesan and mozzarella cheese are ridiculously expensive, I chose to buy them. Mother in -law doesn't eat pork so I chose beef for the sauce. 

After a few minutes of baking, we can smell the enticing aroma of the cheese. We all wasn't able to wait to taste it. Once taken out from the oven, everyone at home went in the kitchen to have a taste of it. It was Italian style, but even so, it was eaten in no time. hahaha!



I cooked the same recipe to bring to our cousin's house when we visited, the only difference is, I made it sweet; the Filipino style of course and I chose local cheese. LOL! To my surprise, it turned out more delicious than the first recipe. Because of that, my cousin requested me to cook for her daughter's birthday. I was skeptic to do it because I was busy, but then, it's just once in many years so I did. I made 2 kilos of baked macaroni. I started cooking from 9 am until 3 pm. Good thing I didn't have to do any stirring or checking once they are in the oven. I could still work while waiting for it to be baked. It was a success! They really loved it! I was very happy to know they enjoyed eating it.

It's tiring but I won't get tired cooking for those kinds of people who always put smiles on my face!

No comments:

Pages