April 11, 2016

Nikkor 55-300 mm shots



I have been wanting to buy a zoom lens for my escapade. I was hesitant because I don't know if I already maximize my kit lens. However, I had no choice because of my in-laws graduation rites;I couldn't go near the stage to take pictures because of the tight security. It was worth it because I didn't have to sneak in to take photos of my sister in-law during her high school moving up ceremony.

My other two in-laws will be having their university graduation by the end of April. So while waiting for it, I tried to practice using my new lens. 

Here are some of the shots. I am not a professional photographer; pardon me :D



There are so many farm animals near our house. We often bring our picnic mat at the farm to relax while waiting for the sun down.  Being a farm girl, I always feel delighted watching these farm animals.



My dog loves to stay at the farm as well. She loves the grass. However, she doesn't like her photo taken. hahaha! She always turns her back on me whenever I attempt to take her photo.

I always desire to take photos of something flying or something up high in the sky. While lying down at the farm, I saw birds flying here and there; with so many attempts, I was able to capture one.



 The kids are flying their kites during this season, so I took the opportunity to take pictures of them.

It's a bird! No, it's a plane! It was too high but I still tried to take the shot. It's not that good but still it looks like a plane. LOL! It brings me back the memories of traveling and to travel more.



These are the kids who always accompany me at the farm whenever I want to relax. They're fun to be with and they bring out the kid in me when I am with them.


Orchids have a very big impact in my life. I always loved to see them on the mountains when I went mountain climbing. I love gardening but not with ornamental plants. It was a big struggle when I was with my grandmother and I had to take care of her huge garden of orchids. Whenever I see one, I remember her.

I love the sky and everything with it. I've been wishing to shoot the moon but then it took weeks before I got to see one. Last night, my sis in-law excitedly told me the moon is out. I had to climb our window to take a shot. I know it isn't a very good one since I took it handheld. There is no way I can use my tripod. But still I am happy with the result.  I will try it on the full moon.

I am so happy I was able to purchase this glass! It's pricey but it's worth it!

2 comments:

May said...

I am your student, May. Could we talk by a different way from usual way?
I sent a mail to your old address today but I could not reach.

Unknown said...

Hi May. Please send the details of your request to agecon.uplb@gmail.com. Thank you.

Pages