May 2, 2016

Movie: Colonia


Stunning yet dangerous
 The people you think will save you are sometimes the ones who will put you in danger. 

Colonia is a true-story movie set in Chile. It is about a couple who ended up in a place where no one escapes. 

Lena is a flight attendant; her boyfriend  Daniel who is an activist and a photographer where both stuck in Chile during a military coup. Daniel (Danile Bruhl) was abducted and was sent to a place called Colonia Dignidad which seems to be a dead end for those people who are sent there. Lena (Emma Watson) tried her best to seek help from Daniel's friends but none was willing to help. But she's determined to find the whereabouts of her boyfriend. She put herself into the same place where her boyfriend is. 

The first few minutes of the story seemed to be boring for me and I thought I am going to fall asleep while watching the movie but then I didn't and I was glad I didn't sleep. It will keep you on the edge of your seat especially on the climax of the movie. I didn't sleep after viewing it because I kept thinking what will I do if I where in that situation. 

Emma Watson gave life to the movie. She did a very good job in making the audience stick their eyes on the screen (that's what I did lol!) Her inquisitiveness made me hug my pillow as tight as possible without even noticing.  Daniel Bruhl's acting was superb especially the part where he looked like disabled. I thought it was the result of the torture. haha! Well, he's good-looking plus he's Spanish and I dig Spanish! Promising, ey?

The movie made me cringe a bit from traveling. Of course, anywhere we go there's danger but I know I am more vulnerable to a place I don't really know. However, that was just a thinking, it won't stop me anyway. I like taking risk since that's what makes life more challenging. As long as we know how to find a way out alive. LOL! 

Thanks to my husband who recommended me this movie. 

No comments:

Pages