June 23, 2016

Street Photogaphy: Roxas Boulevard Manila




While we were staying in Malate for my husband's fun run, I took the chance to practice street photography. It is baffling as I thought but I tried my best to make the most of it. I know the photos I have taken cannot justify the place, however, I still consider myself lucky for having time to do so.

The two pictures above were taken while we were on our way to Manila Bay. The first picture is a very common scene in this area. It has gone better. I used to stay in Malate whenever I feel lazy going home after my business trips in Manila before. I chose Malate since it is easier to find a cheap but good place to stay besides the easy access to taxis before grab taxi and uber became popular.


I would like to take the photo of the whole building of Banko Sentral ng Pilipinas but in order for me to do that, I must lie down the street which will more likely get me run by a car. Oh well, talk about not having a wide angle lens!

  
This cat really captured my attention; she's big and I think she has some sort of breed just by looking at its paws. I hope I am right though. I'd love to bring it home but I'm scared its owner was just nearby.
 
 

The above pictures were taken along bay walk. I noticed that this place can also be used by bicyclist. Cool place to ride a bike! There were many people jogging, walking and many more. The third picture was really cute for me. As a dog lover, I couldn't stop myself from taking this shot. The dog was really adorable and I think well trained as it can jog along with its master. My dog can't do that. She'll jog along with me for one round then lie down after! Lazy fur-baby! 


The above photos were taken while we were walking to Cultural Center of the Philippines. I would like to measure its distance from our hotel for it was the assembly place for the fun run. We planned to just go there on foot early morning.


Above photos were taken near CCP. I saw those birds and I was really amazed by the color of their eyes. I tried taking pictures of them while flying but no luck.

It was my dream to take a photo of the sunset of Manila Bay. Before the sun down, it was already drizzling and it seemed like I won't be able to see the sunset. But I didn't give up just yet. We sat down on a bench near the bay while waiting for the sunset. In a few minutes, the drizzle stopped. I was happy. Then the sunset showed up. I was lucky to take those photos above because it rained really hard after an hour of taking those shots. Good thing we were already heading back to the hotel when the rain came or else my camera could have tasted the rain! LOL!

It was really fun and rewarding experience to take a walk in this area while taking pictures!

No comments:

Pages