September 19, 2016

First Fun Run, First Placer!



I've been trying my best to stay fit and because of that I have tried so many kinds of exercises. I've done kickboxing, high intensity interval training (HIIT) and many others. Aside from that I have been doing strength training especially for my upper body. However, losing weight was still a struggle even after working out for an hour 5 times a week and eating less. I did notice difference but losing my lower belly pooch was really difficult. 

After urging my husband to do running as his exercise, he then told me to try as well. He had been running for almost a year now and he his longest run was 21k in just 56 minutes. I was skeptic because I am aware that my knee is weak. I suffer from arthritis. But then I said, there's no harm in trying. I started to run, I mean jog and it was horribly hard but I kept telling myself to push to my limit until I was able to run 1 kilometer non-stop. Since I can see a big change on my weight, also I felt more energetic, I made sure to run 5 days a week except when it is raining. After2 weeks of doing so, I go to run 3 km straight without struggling. My pace in running is also getting faster. These days, I really feel dull when I don't go running. Now that I am burning so much calories, I decided to have a healthy diet. I went back to eating white rice although I still eat red rice at night. I need carbs to burn. I addition to that, I always have greens on my meal so lettuce and steamed cabbage are not part of my diet. After 3 weeks, I weighed myself and to my surprise I lost 3 kg! My belly pooch was slowly diminishing. I am now incorporating body toning every after my cardio routine, this is to may my muscles firmer!




Last weekend, we joined a free fun run in our place. It was my first time to join a fun run and I was so nervous about it because I was scared to be the last. My husband told me to just chill out and enjoy the run. Oh well, he is used to joining such event! We both ran 5k and we both won the first place. he won fist on the male category and I won the first on the female one!

I was so happy because it was my first fun run and I made it to the first place!

2 comments:

kittypaws said...

Wow! Good job, Lola gel!

Unknown said...

Thank so much Lola Gel! More runs to come. hehe!

Pages