November 9, 2017

Taiwan: First Is Always The Best Part II

After trying to finish our food at Modern Toilet, we decided to go back to out hotel to take a rest to have an energy for our night market tour.

There's a night market near our hotel, accessible on foot which is the Ximending Night Market.There were a lot of foods to choose from but since we can't understand what's written on their food stall, it's just so difficult to buy. Gael and I both don't eat pork so it was more difficult to try without knowing what are the ingredients. But we still tried some.

onion pie


I don't know what's it called :D
It was fun chasing the man above because he and the other stall owners were running away from the cops and we just kept chasing him.

squid 



Highly addictive popcorn chicken

We were so full we couldn't finish everything. The serving sizes were big enough for us to finish everything.  Time to rest for the next day's adventure. 

First stop for the day was Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall. It is in Xinyi District. We took the train going there which was very convenient and this time we didn't get lost. hahaha! It pays to look at the map on the station!






It is not as big as the Chiang Kai Shek but the outside view is awe-inspiring! Of course we didn't just stay outside, we tried to get in and we were lucky enough to witness the changing of the guards. Also, if you appreciate art, the objects inside the hall will make your heart jump for joy.




Even the lighting fascinated me! Who would forget to take their pictures in this amazing environment?


When you are beating the timer of your camera to be included in the frame, this is the result. hahaha! My photo below looks like I wanna pee!




I wouldn't get tired of taking her photo. You know why? She knows exactly how I want her to be on the photo. hahaha! I think she is my soulmate, really! Don't get me wrong, our brainwaves are just wired to fully understand each other. 


Isn't she gorgeous?

Since we were tired and hungry. We decided to have our lunch at Din Tai Fung. I'll write more about it on my next blog if I am not lazy doing it. LOL!

Our next stop was Taipei 101 which of course the highlight of the trip, I think. Gael booked our Taipei 101 tour via Klook. The view outside was irresistible hence we stayed for a while to take photos before going in.










I really wished I got the courage and the arms strength to bring my tripod with me. This place was perfect for long exposure shots!

The rain started to fall so we had to get in. There were a lot humans inside and I though we couldn't make it because I am used to slow process in my country but I was so amazed everything went smoothly and all the people were accommodated I think since there were no more people in queue when we got down.

She was kind enough to say yes when I asked for her photo. I was just mesmerized with how flawless her skin is plus the lighting made her glow!

pretty girl at the information desk
Taipei 101 is famous for it's high speed elevator and yes it is absolutely super fast!


My ears were really affected with the speed of the lift. My hearing ability was impaired for few seconds.



From the 80th floor, you'll be able to see a 360 degree view of Taipei city. Sorry for the above photo, my gear wasn't complete enough to take a shot from a glass window. Well, that was a wake up call to invest more on my equipment if I really want to take this seriously.

Happy faces
Now, I am the model. I am so bad at it so pardon me.

Photo credit: Abigael Garcia

There are still a lot of things to see while on your way to the elevator going down. Below is the famous tuned mass damper. It is used to reduce the amplitude of mechanical vibrations, according to Wikipedia. Very scientific ey?! This is really huge but it looks like a massive ball of cheese. hahaha! I was hungry that time hence that's what I thought! 


Taking a photo here was very challenging since there were a lot of people who wanted their photo taken and also people passing by so you should be fast enough to capture before you get a photo bomber. hahaha!


I really don't know but once we got down the building, we felt exhausted. Perhaps because of the pressure? Just a hypothesis though.

Going back to the hotel was really tough. It's pretty late and the weather was really unpredictable. The rain was on and off and our decision to take the taxi was on and off too until we just agreed to take the bus. hahaha! Good thing we did or else I wasn't able to capture this.


It was such an awesome view to end the day! 

No comments:

Pages