February 16, 2018

Being A The Kapihan Ambassadress



You open your Facebook messenger and you got the message that you are chosen to be an ambassadress of a coffee shop you love to go to. What a surprise!

Being one was a privilege. I was not only given discounts on all the food and drinks I ordered but I was able to share the discounts to my friends and family members. I tried my best to taste all of the menus but due to restrictions I wasn't able to. I have a very sensitive throat so I always refrain from cold drinks hence I always order hot drinks. Therefore, my in-laws were the ones who enjoyed the cold drinks. I was also in the process of staying away from any foods containing pork so I was not able to taste some of their delicious-looking snacks. I just relied on my companion's taste buds. LOL! 

As the Kapihan was improving, their menus has improved a lot too. They have added other varieties of drinks and snacks. I always order either the single pour over or the french press but then they have added italian roast which was a lot stronger than the two. Does it suits my coffee taste buds? Definitely! Although it is far from the taste of my ultimate favorite coffee, I still can live with it. 

Being an ambassadress of the Kapihan had taught me a lot. One is to not overuse the privilege given to me, I hope I didn't. LOL! And the second one, I learned to love local coffee shops. This experience was broaden when Gael and I visited Taiwan. Local coffee shops are everywhere in Taiwan which made both of us fall in love with the place. We are really hoping to go back and stay longer there, and drink so much coffee! hahaha!

One thing I wish the Kapihan should implement is the clean as you go. We Filipinos are accustomed to having our trash being cleaned by others and perhaps that's one of the reason why we tend to scatter our trash anyway. In addition, I do hope as the Kapihan grows, they will have the suspended coffee program or the pay it forward coffee. I'd be willing to share what I can. Just my two cents though.

My sincerest thanks to all the staffs of the Kapihan for giving me such a privilege. My apologies for not visiting in a long time as my work schedule became a restriction. If you happen to open 24 hours, I'll be your company everyday. hahaha!

2 comments:

PARESSASILONG said...

I agree with you to support our local coffee shop and they should work on clean our own trash as we go.

Susan G.C said...

I would be happy if they eventually do it.It will help develop good discipline, I think.

Pages