March 27, 2018

Macau-Hong Kong Trip: Somewhat Unplanned Part I

Booking a flight somewhere without even researching about it is somewhat crazy I know but I did anyway! Gael suggested we go hiking on her birthday but for me it seems like not a good idea. I suggested we travel somewhere in the Philippines until she suggested Macau. My fingers are so fast in typing and clicking airline sites and so after comparing prices, I booked right away. hahaha! It was a reasonable price so that's fine.

Thanks to Jel for her suggestion of not underestimating the winter season in both countries. We went shopping for winter clothes as we don't want to freeze. Shopping alone is tiring because I hate doing this but if I don't, I'll be stuck inside the hotel!

Practicing while waiting for Gael 
Our flight wasn't delayed but of course, Gael is always beating the clock whenever we fly somewhere. Peace! haha! Since I came from an 8 hour shift before the flight, I was already too sleepy while waiting for departure. Upon arriving at Macau International Airport, I was anxious to feel the cold outside! And yes it was too damn cold!  

It was difficult to find our hotel from the bus station. We had to go around same places many times until we decided to ask. Our GPS wasn't helping at all! We were so tired but we still managed to brave the cold to go out and try the local foods. Who doesn't want to eat hot and spicy noodles in the middle of an 8 degree Celsius? LOL! 

We had to go back at the hotel right away so we can sleep and wake up early the next day as we had to travel to Hong Kong. We needed to check out at 12 noon, but we planned to go around nearby places before we move to another country. Taking photos in a cold weather was really challenging! I tried hard to have my hands exposed in the cold in longer time! 







The streets of Macau is really picture perfect! Anywhere you turn, there are angles that you can see that's worth taking a shot.







These photos were taken while we are on our way to the Ruin's of St Paul's. It's nearest tourist spot from our hotel and where we can find a coffee shop so we decided to go there.


It was really a good place to go only if you are up to a long walk. It's a perfect place to feel the cold. hahaha! 





 I was trying to get an angle with fewer people but it was difficult unless I use long exposure but unfortunately, I didn't carry my tripod with me.


I was hoping he was already out of the frame before I press the shutter but he was still there. Haha! Therefore, I had to take another shot again.


We went up here for a coffee and we were hoping it's a local coffee shop but it wasn't. We had no choice but to take it because we were already starving.



And they are both into it. LOL



But of course, my photos are blurry. hahaha! And that's totally acceptable. 


We still wanted to go around but it seems like time was running so fast we go to back to the hotel to pack our bags. 

Street sign

Our stay in Macau was not long enough so we will definitely go back there! 

2 comments:

PARESSASILONG said...

You like a pro photographer, love all you street pictures

Susan G.C said...

Thank you so much! I'll keep learning ;)

Pages