December 15, 2014

Christmas Tradition with Friends

Time flies! My friends and I cannot imagine we have to plan for our eat together again. As we get older, our schedules are becoming tighter and tighter. When we were still single and had simple desires, having time for each other was quite easy but then now, it seems like our calendars are full of red marks; trips, business meeting, conferences, trainings and many more. I often say, "let's plan two months ahead". And yes, that's what we did.

Since I am leaving for my hometown the next weekend, and Jel, my other friend has an early Christmas party beforehand, we decided to do a one day get together. PJ and Gael have their time off on weekends therefore it was easy for them to agree. Since my husband is managing a business and even time for me is no longer part of his routine, it was tough to schedule, fortunately, he was able to find someone who will take over for one day at the last minute.

It is also part of the tradition to dress up for this and getting ready is one of the most difficult thing to do for me. With all the shoes and sandals I have, I can't choose which one to use. LOL! A week before that, I asked a shoemaker to make one for me but it was a total failure. I have no choice but to make up my mind with the footwear I have available.

Traveling to the city was tough because of the heavy traffic. This is common during the yuletide season. Batangas to Manila should be just 2 hours but then it took us more then that. We reached the meeting place at 1 in the afternoon. We planned to eat at a buffet restaurant but it's late since it will end at 2 pm at most. We have to decide where to eat asap because all of us were already hungry and the guys, we assume can already punch somebody else because of hunger if we won't hurry up. hahaha!

We decided to eat at Gerry's Grill, my friend's request wanting to eat pork and only pork. Wish granted, I just have to control. However, it was difficult to do so when the food arrived. Instead of getting guilty after that, I decided to just eat 3 spoons of rice so I won't feel bloated.

Some of the foods we ordered

Every time we are together, the conversation will just keep flowing to the point of forgetting the time. Then suddenly we were back to our senses. We decided to have a drink after lunch. We first went to Padis but then we had a bad start with their barista so I told Jel it's better to find another place. Fortunately, I saw Kangaroo Jack and I feel like the ambiance is nice; we settled there.

The inside of Kangaroo Jack bar and restaurant

A tower of San Miguel Beer Lights

After two tower rounds of san miguel beer lights and tons of topics we have talked about, we decided to end the day. My husband and I still needed to travel back to Batangas.  It wasn't a long ride since it was already night time and traffic has subsided. 

We reached home at past 11. It was tiring yet fun and fulfilling. An intellectual conversation with people with the same intelligence level is something definitely worth the time!

Until next time!

No comments:

Pages