January 8, 2015

Casa Amigo: Hotel Review

A traveler like me doesn't go traveling without polishing everything. Months before I traveled to Cebu, I already booked an accommodation. First thing I consider in choosing a place to stay is the price. Who doesn't want a five star hotel? I for one definitely want it but that doesn't make me happier when I know I will go home bankrupt. I have known the experience of spending time in a five star hotel, like Century Park Hotel in Manila but thinking of it, I have paid mostly for the name.  Second would be reviews from other travelers but of course, to see is to believe. Some maybe picky that's why they gave bad reviews or some were just unlucky to experience unfortunate events during their stay. 

Coming from Cagayan Valley on a 12-hour bus ride to Manila, I was pretty tired.  I was already experiencing back pain when we reached NLEX so my mind was slowly imagining the hotel. The imagination continued when I have to wait for almost 5 hours for my plane to Cebu, unfortunately as expected it was delayed for 45 minutes. I was thinking, I have been on the road for almost a day! I was wishing I could find a pot of gold by the end of the road. hahaha!

Upon reaching the hotel which as almost a 30-minute taxi ride from Mactan-Cebu International Airport, I felt relieved and my exhaustion was wiped-out. The receptionist who received us was really friendly, unfortunately, they were all speaking in their local dialect. I was once again an alien!  

 
The reception desk and the friendly receptionist


The hotel lounge
We stayed in an executive room which includes a 1 double and a 1 single bed equipped with an air conditioner, a television and a refrigerator.  It also has a private bath with hot and cold shower which is very important to me because I am scared with cold shower!  I can say that there's enough room to move because it was spacious. There was also a closet where you can put your luggage, hang your clothes and even hang yourself, hahaha! Just kidding! The bed was big enough and comfy to roll when you feel like doing so. The most important thing was, the room smelled like room! Go figure!  The hotel doesn't have an elevator but it isn't that too high to have one, if I am not mistaken, it has 4 floors plus a rooftop where we spent a few hours watching fireworks during the welcoming of the New Year (2015). By the way, we also tried their deluxe room, the only difference, there's no refrigerator. It was like a walk-in booking because our ferry to Bohol was cancelled due to the typhoon. 


The helpful staff

How about the staffs? Friendly as I have been saying. I don't feel awkwardness when approaching them even though I have difficulty communicating if a friend who speaks their dialect wasn't with me. They were kind enough to wait for me to rebook online even if we were beyond the check-out time. I know we have bothered them even in the middle of the night to ask for some things but they were so patient to entertain us. Unfortunately, their kitchen was under renovation so it was quite hard for us to request for kitchen utensils but that was understandable. 


The hallway that doesn't look like those in horror movies even if it was so quiet

The stairs are pretty clean

It has a sofa on the hallway of every floor. I guess it is for those who get tired in climbing the stairs

Overall, we had an awesome experience staying at Casa Amigo from December 27, 2014 to January 2,2015. If there is any chance I will go to Cebu city again, I will definitely use this hotel again. So if you looking for a cheap but a nice place to stay, you can try this one. You can sleep comfortably in a room which costs 650 php!

Thank you Casa Amigo for the very warm welcome! 

P.S: I was not able to get a pic of the room because it was already messy. hahaha!


No comments:

Pages