April 23, 2015

Bucket list: Learning to swim again

Since the day I was almost drowned, I gave up the idea of swimming and exploring the sea. Every time I get close to deep water, I feel scared. I may not be showing it to the people around me but I always feel like the water is swallowing me whole. 

However, these past few days, I got the courage to overcome it. Hence, I decided to start doing what's on my bucket list and that's to overcome the fear and learn to swim again. 

On April 18th, Saturday, I then asked anyone available at home to come with me at the newly opened swimming pool which is just 15 minutes away on foot. It's not completely done yet but it is conducive to learn and beat the heat of the hot season.  Though the place was a little crowded with teenagers who seem to be not having life problems at all, we still enjoyed swimming with them. We went there around 11:30 in the morning and we went home at 22:30. 

Anyone close to this place could come and enjoy the Lykano Resort. It is located at Itlugan Taysan Batangas, just before the famous Barcelona Garden Resort when you're coming from Lipa City.

Perfect weather to swim
 The resort is surrounded with coconut trees, citrus trees and a rice field. I have noticed that the swimming pool has a double purpose. The water is constantly changed and it goes directly to the rice field. There's no need for irrigation! Brilliant idea!


It also has a slide which kids and adult alike can enjoy. The good thing is, they have a lifeguard who keeps an eye on us  and (fixed his eyes on me, lol! ) . He's good enough because he blows his whistle every time someone is caught traveling er I mean doing bad things like pushing each other from the top of the slide.

A smile behind a painful heart.
 More exercises and I will finally take off that cover-up next time. LOL!

The sun is about to set
Who wouldn't like to sit by the pool while drinking a can of beer with this stunning view? Am I ready to have a diving lesson next time? Not yet, but definitely ready to swim the sea in Camiguin!

Should I go back at Lykano Resort? Definitely! If not, the lifeguard will miss me. nyahahahaha!

No comments:

Pages