July 12, 2015

Masagitsit Lobo, Batangas: Our "Summer" Sanctuary

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect" - Mark Twain

Rainy season is here, time to close the chapter of summer. Therefore, time to write. hahaha!

It's been our tradition to go out every summertime. This year, my friends came over our house to tag a long. They have been busy for the previous months and they also wanted to unwind. Since I always plan things like this ahead of time, they didn't have any problems taking a leave from work.  

There are many good beaches around my place but I really don't know I always want to go back to one place, Masagitsit. My family members always ask me why I love going there and I told them that the sea feels comfortable for me. People are so friendly as well. We even have the chance to help them catch fish and of course the fish we buy from them are way cheaper than in the market. Farm gate price err seashore price! LOL!  

People in this place have the tradition of dropping by a certain church before heading to that beach. And so we did. I don't believe in such but there's no harm in following the majority.  

The Church



After a long drive with lots of curve and swaying inside the jeepney, we finally reached our destination. The sun has already risen unfortunately so the sunrise picture I have been wanting to get from there had drifted together with the waves of the sea. Besides, the team  was already hungry, we need to prepare for breakfast. We packed a lot of food, good enough for the hungry pack so no worries. Indulge while enjoying the nature! 

The water as calm as the sky

It's time to test the friendliness of the beach after breakfast. We didn't mind the heat of the sun, we just became submissive with whatever the weather was as long as we enjoy. Something money can't buy! 

Catch, observe and let go
However, if there's a hi there's also goodbye. After eating lunch, the boys enjoyed their thing; drinking and singing of course. I enjoyed sleeping on a hammock under two coconut trees. Lucky I was no one took a picture of me sleeping. Success! 

The sunset was telling us to go
My trying hard model to be :D
We were almost leaving the place when one of them remembered taking a picture.

The happy faces
I was tired planning, cooking and making everything in order but the enjoyment was undefinable. I just love making and seeing people happy even it means a little sacrifice. Although going to such place makes me remember someone and it gives a pang in my heart, still thank you for the mem'ries Masagitsit!

We'll definitely visit the place again!

No comments:

Pages