July 10, 2015

What's Baking?

"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like..." - Mark Twain 

Since I was a kid, I prefer cooking than eating out but of course, when I was a kid, there are only two recipes I can make because I was born poor, salt plus rice equals salted rice and salt plus vegetable oil plus rice equals salted oily rice.  LOL! I chose to live than die of hunger. And I am glad that those paid off. 

The past few weeks, I have spent most of my free time (as if I have a lot) reading recipes online and also thinking what's inside the refrigerator and trying to cook in my mind. Believe me, I can smell them. hahaha! 

Luckily, I had a 2-hour break today and I thought of preparing baked mussels for dinner. I dropped by the supermarket this morning after going to the bank so I have all the ingredients I need. There are many different versions of it online but I tried to alter it. I can't call it as mine because there might have been someone who did it as well. I always like my food to be aromatic because it makes people at home stay in the kitchen with me. Aside from the usual, butter, garlic and cheese, I added chili powder and rosemary. What's the taste? Awesome of course! I love spicy foods that much so my in-laws can't complain. It's yum so they eat it anyway, they just have to prepare lots of water beside them. hahahaha! 
First batch
The spicy ones
More baked foods to come.



Invading Someone's Kitchen 

Last weekend, while I was relaxing at our balcony after a long day at work, I thought of visiting my godson's family. They have been wanting to taste what I cook so I guess it's high time to make their kitchen messy. I asked my husband to buy me chicken at the supermarket and bring to their house since he's working near there. I packed what I needed for cooking. Funny thing was I even brought my spices! I was like having a picnic there. I asked people at home to join us. I cooked roasted chicken stuffed with beer or what I call beer chicken. While cooking, I realized, it's difficult to invade someone's kitchen, I ask everything from them. But it's cool because I feel like I am the chief of the kitchen and I have helpers around. hahahaha! The crown is mine! :D 
Unfortunately, we were all hungry and no one thought of taking a picture. I just noticed when the table was cleared out because of the storm errr hungry people. 

What's left was this :D


Looks clean but messy at the back.


Murdered roasted chicken :D

Whose kitchen is next?

No comments:

Pages