September 17, 2015

Hashtag BinayVisitsUPLB

When I heard that Vice President Binay was going to visit the University of the Philippines Los Banos to talk about Governance, Transparency and Social transformation, I was elated. Elated because the young ones will be given the chance to express their thoughts on what is going on with our country. For those who are well-informed, I guess we all know that our Vice President is facing corruption allegations these days. I can't help but share my friends the situation on that day. I wasn't there but I was following what's going on on Twitter. I was currently chatting to one of my Facebook friends that time, I felt said with his reply.


Sad because I was expecting more of an intellectual reply. Our convo went on and little to my surprise that he doesn't know anything about what's going on. I can't just go on with the day without letting him know about current events! He's a voter for election's sake!

After talking to him, I can't help but ask myself "how many people in the Philippines think like him, or worst?" If the well-informed is less than the the opposite, then the Philippines is slowly sinking to the bottom most part of the Pacific Ocean. 

Knowing the facts is really important; I am encouraging people especially the young ones to read and read. My grandmother once said, "Feed your brain with facts since the mind can easily create fiction" 

No comments:

Pages