December 3, 2015

Review: Summerwind Resort Laguna - Hot Spring

I planned a get together party with my former high school classmates but unfortunately,  they were not able to come due to their tight schedules. Since I am working from home, I can bring my job anywhere as long as there's an internet access hence I still pushed it through together with my husband and my sister in-law. I decided to have a room rented instead of just a cottage because I am sure I will be tired from the long travel time. I am also being careful with my back due to my fall from the stairs and of which gives me difficulty to be lying down anywhere. 

Upon arrival, we asked if we could check-in earlier because we arrived at 13:30. Their policy is guests can only stay for 12 hours with the basic charge which is 1000php for a room with a maximum of 4 pax. I asked if we could just leave our things for a while and we will just be going back at 19:00; they didn't allow it. They offered 1200php, 200 extra charge for the early check-in but we will have to check-out at 7:00 the next morning. 

The entire building itself seems to be old but I think the hallway is clean. However, I was totally disappointed with the room. It's too small and the restroom is so nasty. I wanted to go find another place but I was too tired to scout. 




The hallway
The pool is overlooking. Good thing is is clean you see your reflection. If not, I would have endured looking for another place to stay. 

Pool for adults
There are other pools beside this one. Those are for kids. We tired swimming there and yes, it's just above the knee. It's a shame I was not able to take a picture. 

The room
As you can see in the picture, the table is so close to the bed. I think this is not good for four people since there is no place for extra mattress. This is only good for 2 adults and 1 kid.

The restroom
As I have said earlier, the restroom inside the room is very nasty. The  shower isn't working nor the toilet flush. The bucket of water there is the one you use for flushing and even taking a shower!!! The shower rooms near the pool need a total cleaning too. It seems like the caretakers of this resort don't know the concept of cleanliness!

The pool doesn't have enough lighting. If you have bad eyesight and not so confident in swimming, don't go at the back or else, you can't be seen if you drown.

The only thing I liked and encouraging is the water itself. It's hot enough to relax. I think we were also lucky, the resort wasn't that crowded that time so we still enjoyed swimming. My tiredness was washed away after soaking myself for long hours. 

I won't recommend this place if you're too fussy. But if you are after the low price, I think it's just fine. The resort's entrance fee is just 48php for both kids and adults. Cottages are from 295 to 495 depending on how many people there are.

Location is not difficult to find. It's just few kilometers away from SM Calamba.


No comments:

Pages