January 12, 2016

Trip to Baguio: Second Day- Lion's head

We had plans on where to go around Baguio city before we traveled there but I made clear we won't be hiring a cab to tour us around. We will be using the jeepney to go around. Because of that I made sure that I have my phone fully charged, brought my power bank and my pocket wifi so I can navigate waze. The good news is, both my phone's data and my pocket wifi had a very good internet connection! 

Because I was working in the morning, we started our tour at around 10 am. We decided to go to the Lion's head first. We looked for the jeepney terminal with a sign, Camp 7. It was on Carantes Street. Jeepneys in Baguio don't have the signboard in front just like in other provinces so you have to make sure that you know where the jeepneys are going. It took us so long to look for Carantes Street! I am so bad with direction even with the use of Waze! Oh well, that's what you call adventure!  We were tired from walking but the view on the way to the Lion's head was just so relaxing I had forgotten the long distance we walked. 

Taken while riding a jeepney: To Lion's head


Taken while riding a jeepney: To Lion's head


Taken while riding a jeepney: To Lion's head

I was so excited to see the tip of the head of the Lion's head from the top. The jeepney driver dropped us off. There were so many people and it was so difficult to get a photo of just the head. And there was this annoying advertisement close to it.



The Lion's head was the welcoming statue when Kennon road was the only way to enter Baguio. I was very young when I first went to Baguio and I can only recall some of it. The view going up was really mesmerizing before but then the mining activities made the mountains look bad.

While enjoying the view, we had strawberry taho and strawberry dirty ice cream. When you're in Baguio, eat a lot of strawberry-based food! hahaha!

Strawberry taho

Strawberry ice cream

There were souvenir stores near the Lion's head but I wasn't in the mood to buy any. Instead, I bought tupig, an Ilocano rice cake from a street vendor. We had a good chat with him and the ice cream vendor about the changes in Baguio. It was such a good time!

Going down was  easier since the camp 7 jeepney will pass by the Lion's head. We didn't need to walk for long distance again!  Time to go to another place!

No comments:

Pages