June 17, 2016

Hotel Review: Pension Natividad

My husband wanted to join the Kalayarun last June 12 as a part of a celebration for Independence day in my country.  I decided to come with him so I can practice photography during the run. My sister in-law has been wanting to have a hotel experience hence we brought her with us. It's my first time to book a hotel a day before our travel date and I was really not into this. It was hard to decided because there were many choices. I made up my mind  and I booked a night at Pensionne Natividad. I chose it because we can go on foot  from the hotel to the assembly ground which is at Cultural Center of the Philippines. It's  just less than 30 minutes on foot.

Upon checking in the hotel, I was already disappointed because the receptionist wasn't welcoming at all. She kept talking on her phone and we waited for at least 10 minutes before we were accommodated. The waiting area is hot. I think their air conditioner is not working or maybe they just don't want to turn it on. I couldn't stay in the lobby for a longer time because I am sweating because of the heat. I don't know how they can manage to stay there. The ambience outside the hotel lobby is great because there are so many trees around. 


The above picture shows those vines which serves as a shed for the smoking area.  It feels awesome to sit there however, if you don't like the smell of the cigarette than I guess you can't stay for long. 

The hotel doesn't have a bell boy so you find your way in your room. LOL! Everything is self-service. The bathroom soap are not in the bathroom so I have to go down the hotel lobby to get it. Towels need a more than $2 deposit for each which refundable when you give back your towels once you check out. I think it's nice because there are those people who are crazy enough to bring home hotel towels. 

Pardon the people in the picture :D

The room is spacious but there's no television even it was a deluxe room. Anyway, I am not a TV person so I didn't mind but my sister in-law did. LOL!  The air conditioning unit was pretty good but it isn't as cold as in other hotels I have been to.

The bathroom was clean which I am very particular with. This is the first thing I check when I enter a hotel room. The space was just average but guests won't have difficulty with it.  
The bathroom
The only drawback is the shower. There are no signs where to adjust the heat and cold so try doing minimanimo to find it out. Well, I have to do the thing as always. 

Overall, the hotel is an average hotel. I hope they will improve the courtesy of their staffs. They don't even know to answer the phone courteously. 

Will I go back there when I visit Malate Manila? I won't! 

No comments:

Pages