August 8, 2016

Cooking: Pizza Ghetti



It's been a long time since I cooked something special for the family. I got busy the whole hot season with family outings and of course swimming at the nearby resort. We have gone there a few times compared to last year but still it's tiring after the swimming session. Besides, the kitchen seems like one step to hell during the hot season. I can stand staying there for a longer time. 

With all my intensive workouts recently, I feel like I deserve to eat something with lots of calories so when I saw a video of a girl eating pizza ghetti, I decided to try it. I didn't get the recipe anymore. I cooked the spaghetti the way I cook it. After that I put some on a baking pan like a pizza dough then added the pizza toppings of our choice. Since I am a cheese lover, hence the recipe has lots of cheese, unfortunately, mozzarella is not available in all supermarkets nearby hence we bought quick melt cheese. I baked it for 20 minutes under 200 degree C, good enough for the toppings to be cooked and for the cheese to melt.

After baking one pan, I tasted it; it's the first time I was the first one to taste what I cooked. LOL! I was very tired from my 3km run that day so I couldn't stop myself from eating. Unfortunately, after a few minutes, the socket of our convectional oven sparked!OMG! We were too scared to use it again. We were all sad from what happened. I was thinking, I can no longer bake recipes. Brother in-law decided to cook it in a traditional way. Like this. hahaha!
When my husband came home from work, he immediately worked on the socket. Good thing it was repaired! We were all happy again. My baking hobby still continues! LOL!

After a few hours of baking, everything was cooked. We ate at the living room while watching TV. Since it's Italian dish, wine is always present!  It was such a great weekend!

No comments:

Pages