November 15, 2016

Photography: November 14,2016 Super Moon

My husband was so excited to tell me one night that there will be a super moon so I immediately made my research as to what time will it be. I even set my alarm for that. LOL!

November 14th which was yesterday came and the thought of seeing a bigger full moon made me a lot more excited. I prepared my camera in advance because I might be working and that my time might be limited to prepare and take photos. After eating dinner at around 6 pm, my two sis in-law went out to check the moon and so I followed. Upon seeing its beauty, I dashed inside to get my camera. The following photos were taken in Taysan, Batangas.


This was taken at the back of the house using my 55-300mm lens. My sisters in-law went to the farm nearby to have a better view and so I followed them. 


Zooming in to 300mm, this is what I got. It's kind of creepy but still looking good. I was in hurry to take the shot because the wind above was strong the clouds were hiding the moon so quick.




In the above photo, the moon is almost hidden so I tried zooming it out to get a more dramatic shot. However, it didn't turn out that way. It must be better if there is a bird flying over but that would make me nervous to take the shot. LOL!

I was waiting for the moon to become bigger but it didn't as it was already too high. The above picture was take at before 10 pm. I was struggling to take the shot as it was on a 12 o'clock position.  While my husband watched over me while drinking, I positioned my tripod as good as possible and then used my wireless remote control to release the shutter. 

Still not yet satisfied with the shot, I tried one more shot changing my white balance. The outcome was this. 


Although I am not that satisfied with the shots, I am still thankful the sky was clear last night for me to practice photography.In addition, I am happy I was able to see a certain phenomena which happened after 69 years and will happen after 18 years. I don't know if I will be alive by then. haha!


No comments:

Pages