December 16, 2014

Padis Point Araneta: Discourteous Barista

Last Sunday, December 14, 2014, my friends and I decided to have a drink after lunch just to kill time before my husband and I travel back home. The last time we met, we had drinks at Padis point Araneta so we thought of going there. My husband requested to sit and drink in front of the counter.  While we were looking at the menu, I thought of trying other kinds of drinks. The guys wanted to have whiskey and I feel like having Corona beer or any super dry beer. Unfortunately, they only have the local beers available, there's not even whiskey. Jel asked for rhum and coke; with that, we noticed the barista seemed to have lack of knowledge of the different kinds of drinks their bar is offering.

What annoyed us was this;

Non-verbatim;

Jel; Do you have rhum and coke? (May rhum and coke kayo?)

Barista: No, we don't. (Wala  din)

But we can see, they have rhum and other softdrinks on display. We just let it go.  Then Jel asked for another drink, when the barista suddenly answered;

Barista: Ma'am, you can choose our cocktails, it's way cheaper. (Magcocktail nalang kayo mas mura pa)

Jel: I don't want that. Don't worry, I have money to pay for my drinks. Give me your most expensive and I will pay for it. ( Ayoko ko nyan kuya eh, huwag ka mag alala, may pambayad ako. Pakibigay ng pinakamahal nyo diyan, babayaran ko )

She told this to him even smiling.  He's lucky, she was able to handle the situation in that way or else the barista will have a taste of the most bitter drink he would encounter in his life.

Non-Verbatim 

Me: Let's go find a polite barista. (Hanap nalang tayo ng mas polite na barista)

PJ and my husband: I guess that's better.(Mabuti pa nga)

Customers asked for something they can pay for. The menu was handed to us and we definitely knew how much it costs and we can assess if we can afford to pay for it or not.

Such a rude barista! 

No comments:

Pages