October 14, 2019

South Korea: Day 2 and Day 3

It's been a long time since and this time I am going to try to walk down memory lane. My second day in Korea was a bit gloomy as the weather was not really that good. We didn't want to go out in a rainy weather so I stayed indoors while my sister did her school activities at Seoul National University. I wanted to go with her but I didn't have enough sleep yet due to work schedule. Talk about going on a trip and bringing along work with you! That's just me!

While at home, my former boss called me for a possible meet up. He also didn't like to go out in a gloomy weather so we scheduled some other days.

My third day came and fortunately, the weather was really nice! My sister decided to show me COEX Mall's Starfield Library in Gangnam, Seoul. After getting off the train, she mentioned that this place is where most KPOP fans gather to have a glimpse of their favorite KPOP stars. Well, the walls are filled with TV Screens with Korean famous actors' faces on them.





The structure of these buildings are so fascinating it seems your photo is not enough to tell how good it is! Well, it will never be enough though!

Since the sun was too hot, we were too in hurry to go inside the mall. My sister is scared of the sun. hahaha! She's lived in Korea for so long she already adapted the Korean culture. As for me, I love the sun due to the fact that I rarely go out and enjoy it. I am living a hermit life which makes me stuck in my home office with my eyes glued on the computer screen. There are time I am being reminded to take my morning coffee outside the house just to catch the first rays of the sun. LOL!

Upon entering the COEX mall, I was stunned by this ginormous library! I was told it's 13-meter tall with more than 50,000 books in them! I was in owe!





Starfield Library is really fascinating my mind goes into thinking, "this must be a good place to work."

Time is running so fast in South Korea for me so we moved on and went to Seoul Forest. Can you imagine there is a forest in the middle of big city? Yes, there is, in Seoul, South Korea!




Even the locals are enjoying the nice weather, there are so many of them when we went there. 



This flower stood out from the rest. It's just so beautiful and so big plus my favorite color I wanted to pick one and bring it home. Haha! But of course, I'm a very good tourist so I just took a lot of photos of it in different angles!



I was trying to capture the bee but then again, I kept cursing myself for not bringing my tripod, again! 




When two photographers go together, expect for stolen shots since both are busy taking photos! haha!





So we ended up having selfies together. 



This grass as I call it, is just so picture perfect but difficult to get a good one since it's just grass! LOL! But you gotta try no matter!


This one is famous for reflection photography but then again, I didn't bring my tripod I can't hold my breath for that long to get a clear photo so this is the best I can get. 




There are many couple who were doing prenup photo shoots here so I had to be fast in taking photos. I would like to take a stolen shot of those couples but I might be sued if it got posted! 







My second attempt in getting a reflection photo but still not successful! No tripod! At this point, I gave up!


I'm not photogenic so let's play hide and seek, well, unless you are a very good photographer. 



These are just some of the things I saw in Seoul Forest that fascinated me.

After we got tired of going around here, we went to Understand Avenue. It is a shipping container store which brings support to teenagers, artists and local vendors. It consists of 115 shipping containers and of which offers various things from foods to coffee shops and arts. 





I think it's an awesome concept for aspiring entrepreneurs. We could have gone around more but the heat of the sun is already unbearable for both of us at this time. 

After a long, tiring yet fulfilling day, we decided to take a rest and enjoy a cup of coffee near my sister's place at BEOLS Floral Factory and Cafe.




Nothing is more relaxing than the combination of the coffee aroma and the flowers. Imagine drinking a cup of coffee while you are smelling those flowers on top of your coffee cup! 



If you just want to relax and forget how your day went, I highly recommend this place in Seoul! 

No comments:

Pages