November 6, 2015

Movie Review: The Last Witch Hunter

Almost all people if I am not mistaken want to have long lifespan or immortality. Many are using science seeking the fountain of youth! But that's not how life is designed for in reality.

The last witch hunter is a movie about a man named Kaulder starred by Vin Diesel who in the ancient times used to hunt witches. He was then cursed of immortality by the Witch Queen acted by Julie Engelbrecht. This scene is shown on the very first part of the movie. Then it is shifted to the modern times where Kaulder is walking among the people like a modern man but still doing as in the past however not killing them. Michael Cane as Dolan 36th, Rose Leslie as Chloe (a dream walker) and Elijah Wood as Dolan 37th are with Kaulder in the modern times.

I had my eyes fixed on the screen not even touching my bucket of pop corn once the movie started.  In all honestly, I expected for more medieval type of scenes; seeing Vin Diesel with the long beard and the sword shown on the trailer but then it didn't. The scenes shifted from modern times to the ancient times which makes the viewers' eyes fixed on the movie or else you'll get lost if you miss something. 


I also expected an intense fight scene between Kaulder and the Witch Queen but I was a little dismayed about it. I would want to see more of Vin Diesel's sword skills in the movie. One thing that surprised me was the betrayal. I didn't see that coming immediately. 

Despite the all-star cast, I would say they could have done more of it. Vin Diesel is better than that but then I guess they are aiming for a sequel. If they do, I hope they will make the next one more intense.

Being  a Vin Diesel fan since then made me watch this movie. Also I am too addicted with the game of thrones where I first saw Rose Leslie and because I was mesmerized with her accent it pushed me to see this on big screen. However, if this movie is starred by someone else unknown to many viewers, I guess it won't sell. 

With all the flaws of the plot, I commend the actors. They have done a pretty good job! If there's part 2, I will still see it on big screen.

No comments:

Pages