January 5, 2016

Trip to Baguio - First night


Bus terminal waiting area
We arrive at the Baguio Victory Liner terminal at around 3 pm. We tried to reserve our ticket back to Manila but the line was too long so we decided to do it the next morning. I also feel like lying down the bed after a long trip therefore we really need to go to the hotel. Since there are so many tourist, it was very difficult to hail a gab. After 15 minutes of waiting, my husband was able to get one; we were relieved. Unfortunately, the traffic was terrible so we have to extend our patience to nth level. I was glad I still have the girl's scout instead bringing lots of chocolates and snacks with us in case we get stuck in traffic.  

Upon arriving the hotel, I was surprised the receptionist called my name! I guess they are waiting for us to check in. To my surprise, she's an Ilocano which made me spoke in my dialect making my husband and in-laws look so confused. I can still remember the look on their faces! hahaha! I actually had fun speaking in Ilocano! It's been a long time since I haven't spoken in such! I missed it so much!


Because we were very tired from the long trip. We slept immediately. I woke up at 9 pm because I was already hungry. I immediately woke them up to get ready for our dinner while convincing myself to take a shower. The room wasn't air conditioned but the cold weather was felt inside and the restroom has this slightly open window for ventilation. The shower has hot and cold but once the hot water reached my body, I can feel the water has already turned cold!

We really don't know were to eat. The hotel's restaurant was already closed and I was too sleepy to use waze. I then asked them to just go out and scout for a place to eat. It's pretty cold outside. Inhaling makes my nose painful. My scarf was very useful during those times!

A foggy night
After a few minutes of braving the cold night, I saw a place to eat. We have no more choice to find more since we were all starving.  We ate at Sizzling World which was just few meters away from our hotel.

After having dinner, we had to drop by a convenience store for our water and some snacks at the hotel. While walking back to the hotel, we decided to sit down somewhere for a while to enjoy the view.

It was a great night!

No comments:

Pages