February 19, 2016

Restaurant Review: Happy Tummy

Every time I travel somewhere, I try my best to research on restaurants where I or we can possibly eat. I also did months before we climb up Baguio. Ketchup community seems to be very popular among people who have been there. I then included it to our list of places to eat. 

Ketchup  community is a place where different kinds of restaurant are beside each other. It is said that you can stay in one restaurant and order from different restaurants in the community. It's location is perfect since it is near Botanical Garden, The Mansion and just in front of Wright Park. So after our visit to those places we had our lunch at Happy Tummy inside the Ketchup community.  It is a Thai restaurant. It's the first time for my in-laws to eat in such. They were skeptic at first as it might cost us much but then I was willing to try. We ordered spicy prawns and garlic chicken. I love prawns so much it made me excited to taste whether it can break my way of cooking when it comes to prawns.

When the food was served, I checked on the prawns if it was cleaned or deveined very well. Unfortunately, it wasn't. I still gave it a try. The spiciness was just fine for those people who are not into spicy foods but since I can't live without chili, it wasn't spicy at all. However, I think  it wasn't cleaned perfectly. I was truly disappointed when I got to taste near the head part, the black thingy which I believe the colon of the prawns were not taken out. Therefore the taste was truly disgusting! I wonder if a Thai food should taste like that. I bet not! The chef was stupid enough not to clean the prawns very well! I wanted to complain but I know my husband wouldn't want that so I just went ahead and ate the garlic chicken. 




Spicy chicken
Head full of shit
My husband's and in-laws' comment with garlic chicken was "your chicken is more delicious". Haha! I guess I am just a good cook, ey?!  Oh well, that's one of the cons of eating out! The only good thing with Happy Tummy was the amount of servings. We just had two dishes and it was enough for the four of us. I think their menus are good for at least 2-3 people.

One thing I have noticed was that the restaurant causing too much traffic. It only has a narrow parking space so other customers ended up parking near the side walk. 

I think Happy Tummy is overrated. Check on your prawns or shrimps when you get to order it if you don't want a nasty tasting dish! Thumbs down for Happy Tummy. 

Cleanliness is very important when it comes to restaurant business! It's been months but I can still remember the nasty taste!

No comments:

Pages