December 16, 2016

No-Knead Pizza Dough

My family loves eating anything Italian. Pizza and pasta are always on the list of request it maybe during an occasion or just ordinary days. I am not fond of pizza since then, in fact I am picky when it comes to this food. It's because I always think pizza is so greasy it makes me feel bloated even just by eating one slice. Well, that's what I have eaten in fast food restaurant here in the Philippines. In addition to that, it is expensive! This lead me to try making a homemade pizza. However, kneading the dough is really a exhausting job, also time consuming; that is if you don't have a mixer at home which I didn't before. 

For the past few times we had pizza at home, we opted in buying the dough since I was not so industrious enough to make a homemade pizza dough. But with all my effort in looking for an easy way to do it, I found out that it is possible to not knead the dough. I was skeptic about it but then I told myself, it's worth trying. The procedure I followed was simple. Mix the dry ingredients together, then the wet ingredients, after that,, pour the mixed wet ingredients to the mixed dry ingredients. Mix it well with a wooden spoon until well incorporated. Cover with a plastic wrap and let it rest for 18 hours. I did this the day before prior to the pizza making. 

The next day, I could smell the yeast and it was so satisfying. The mixture had risen, almost triple the size. I was so excited to try baking it. 



After 18 hours, shape the dough into balls and let it sit for an hour covered with a cloth. After that, shape it and make your desired shape. We have a small pizza pan so I just followed the shape. Then, top it with your choice of toppings. Don't forget lots of cheese! That's the most important! LOL! I baked it for 10 minutes at 220 degree Celsius. After 10 minutes, it was a success!


The dough was really delicious, less grease and of course crunchy! For me, this is the most delicious pizza I've ever eaten and it won't make you feel bloated after eating pan after pan of pizza! Just don't forget to exercise more the next day if you're watching your weight! hahaha!

No comments:

Pages