January 5, 2017

Hotel Review: Mel Sol's Inn and Resort



Booking a place to stay in advance is very time consuming especially when you're traveling during the peak season. I initially planned of traveling by myself since my husband and I can't make a solid decision of leaving our dog behind. Hence, I booked a place for two just in case we make our minds up. 

It was a bit difficult for me to find an accommodation using booking sites as most of the hotels were the expensive ones. I tried looking on travel blogs and I got a list of hotels from the cheapest to the most expensive. Most of the 3 star hotels don't have online booking. I always prefer online booking when I travel as I don't want to go through the hassle of paying the counter when checking out. 

It's a good thing I found out that Mel Sol's Inn and Resort is using travelbook.ph which I often use because of the conveniences plus discounts and bonuses when you book through them.
The hotel is just along the highway, so we got off the bus right in front of the hotel. The facade is spacious which I think good enough for people who are traveling with private cars. The waiting area is narrow. I can't stay there to work as I will be bothered by the people coming in. The building is kind of old and based on the inside, I think it was a house before converted into a resort hotel. The sofa on the second floor waiting area is so old and I think dirty it scares you off to sit down. 

I reserved a standard room. It comes with a free breakfast for two. I paid Php2,996 for 3 nights including all the taxes and other fees. It's a good deal! We were surprised when we got to see the room because it was really spacious. It can accommodate up to 6 people and I can actually do my exercises inside without bumping into anything. It has two double bed which can accommodate four people. We used the other bed when we were still dirty coming from our tour. LOL! The restroom was terrible as it is so old, the shower was not working properly. We have to turn on the heater for the shower to work! Come on! I am not tall enough to do that. hahaha! So I have to ask my husband every time I take a shower!

The facilities may not be good but the people are very nice. I commend them for having a very good customer service skills! Because of that, I will still use Mel Sol's Inn and Resort when I go back there.


PS: Sorry I was hooked in taking photos outside I forgot to take photos of the hotel. :D

No comments:

Pages