September 26, 2017

Hotel Review: Leez Inn, A Gem In Malate, Manila

Traveling can be tedious at times especially when looking for an accommodation that suits your low budget. I am the kind of person who doesn't want to spend so much for my accommodation because I prefer spending more for my food. Since I am working from home, sometimes I just wanted to go somewhere to change my ambiance and re-energize and perhaps to change my perspective. Staying in a routine for a long time makes me bored to death. When I go to Manila, I usually stay in Malate, with that I have tried different low-budget hotels in that place. Most are just okay but there's always something missing. 

It was planned to attend the international book fair event in SMX convention center so I booked a place to stay. I usually use travelbook.ph for my bookings but then that time I used booking.com to see if there are cheaper hotels I could find. And I did! 

I saw Leez Inn and upon checking the location seems to be ideal for me. The reviews say that it is a quiet place to stay. I booked the deluxe double room which was priced at $23. I was a bit skeptic of course since I am not so familiar with the place. I was wondering if Manila Bay is accessible on foot as I planned to take some photos. 

Getting to the place wasn't difficult at all. Well, I used Uber service so that could be an advantage. It was near the bus station where I got down. I arrived 2 hours earlier, unfortunately I wasn't allowed to check-in early because there were no rooms available as per the receptionist. So I just left my luggage with them and went to my other appointments. 


The lobby
I was quite surprised upon entering the room. It is spacious, spotless and well-lit. The combination of the colors of the room seems so relaxing for me. The beds were just so inviting. Most of the low-budget hotels I have stayed at don't provide good sheets. But this Leez Inn's sheets can be compared to 5-star hotels. 

It is equipped with a remote controlled air-conditioner that doesn't wake me up in the middle of the night because it so damn noisy. 


The room has a flat-screen TV, an electric kettle which is very suitable for a coffee addict like me. There's also a small refrigerator which most hotels with the same price range don't provide. I was really happy as I would love to have some foods stored there in case I go hungry at midnight and I am too lazy to go out and answer my hunger. 

Closet and safe

I am so impressed with the safe that they provide. You can put your important things there when you go out not worrying it could be stolen unless they will carry the whole safe, hahaha!



The bathroom is not that big compared to other low-budget hotels I have been to. However, I am fascinated with its cleanliness. I am ashamed to make it dirty. LOL! 




The lavatory is outside the bathroom which I prefer as I don't want my feet to feel the bathroom floor when I just gotten up. Yes, I know it's weird, but I just don't like it. The room may not have a good view from the small balcony which I forgot to take a picture since I didn't use it, but still it isn't that of big disadvantage.  The only downside during my stay was that their internet connection wasn't working so there was no WiFi connection. However, it was just fine as my mobile data connection was fast enough for whatever job I did online. Also, there's no lift so it is perfect for someone like me who prefer using the stairs. But if you're lazy to use your feet then this place isn't good for you.

Most of all, I commend the staff for being friendly and helpful. I was so inconsiderate because I kept ordering for coffee without realizing that they have to use the stairs to the 4th floor to bring my coffee. I apologized upon realizing. 

I would love to stay in this hotel again! 

No comments:

Pages