March 17, 2011

Movie Review: Kick-Ass

As I was trying to find something else to do to kill my boredom, I accidentally bump into something that caught my interest. I saw the movie kick-ass over the internet and I decided to watch the trailer on YouTube. Well, the trailer was a bit fascinating because the main character came up with the question “How come nobody has ever try to be a super hero? His friends obviously don’t want to be because for them it is impossible, but for him there’s nothing impossible when your intention is to help people.

It made me more interested when I saw one of my favorite action stars in the trailer. I then decided to stream the movie.

The movie is narrated by the main character, Dave Lizewski. It started with a question from Dave about how come someone hasn’t ever tried to be a superhero given those large amounts of comics over the decades.

To summarize the story, Dave is an ordinary high school student and a huge fan of comic books with a few of his friends. He lives alone with his father. There’s nothing very difficult in his life. His personal trials are not that tragic as well. However, he makes a simple decision to become a superhero despite the fact that he has no powers or training suitable for being a superhero.

Nicolas Cage (Damon), one of my favorite action stars is in this movie and I have noticed that he did remarkably well. I was a bit sad that he died in the movie.

Mindy, (played by Chloe Moretz) one of the other main characters in the movie had awesome moves. I was really fascinated! However, parents out there might not like their kids to like Mindy because she storms the movie with lots of swearing which is not common for super heroes I guess as super heroes should be teaching their viewers moral lessons.

Aaron Johnson (Kick-Ass), did also great specially being beaten by thugs! Of course, as expected, a superhero is going to save someone at the end of the movie. And he did so.

Mark Strong (Frank D’Amico) together with his son Christopher Mintz-Plasse (Chris D’Amico/Red Mist) is the main protagonist in the story. I really like Mark Strong’s aura being a criminal. He is really good at that. Chris shows that with lots of money, you can be a superhero or a super villain. This happens in reality.

For me, the movie is totally entertaining but don’t expect too much about it as it is not that big like other superhero movies. If you want to add something in your list for the weekend, watch this. Learn some moves. (I hope I can play martial arts again). A word of advice, don’t let your kids watch this alone.

There is something I learned from this movie. If we want change, then let’s start with ourselves. It is risky to be a superhero especially if you don’t have superpowers. It is also risky to change as we might lose some of our love ones but if we change for the better, go for it!

2 comments:

kittypaws said...

I didn't see this movie yet but now that you blogged about, I finally remember that this is one of the movies that I should watch this weekend. Nice review, bes. Keep them coming!

Unknown said...

Thanks bes! Yeah, and part 2 is on the making. I have to watch that. Hehehe!

Pages