March 8, 2011

Bad Experience



As I was thinking of a lot of things, my mind kept scanning past events in my life. Events that made me smile and those that made me feel terrible. My mind stopped on something that made my life and my husband's like hell. 

It was when my boss (a Korean) asked me if me and my husband could take care of his daughter here in the Philippines as her home stay parents. He planned that his daughter will be studying in the Philippines for her to enhance her English communication skills. After months of thinking, we agreed with some conditions. Since he is my boss, I was thinking that her daughter is well-mannered but that was absolutely wrong. He then brought her here in the Philippines and he left after 3 days of stay. I enrolled her in one of the schools here in Imus, Cavite. We took care of the enrollment procedures, arranged her school bus schedule, talked to the principle about foreign student policies, etc. 

After a month of staying in the Philippines, she started to show her true colors. It was when my husband asked her of what to have for breakfast and she answered him in a wrong way. I was surprised with her manner because me and my husband never experienced that with our siblings (believe me, I am shaking while writing this one).

From that time, we experienced fights at home. There was once a time that we haven't talked to her for a week as a punishment of not being good to us. What I hate most is that, she doesn't mind of other people's feelings. There was an instant that my husband cooked dinner for everybody and she ate ahead of us since I am still working. We were then surprised that she didn't leave anything for us. From then on, we decided to separate her food from us to avoid such problem.

The worst thing in her is that she shouts at us. When we confront her why is she shouting at us, she will say, "I am not shouting". I was wondering if she is doing this to her parents. We told this to her parents but I don't think that idea solved the problem. This situation lasts for almost 8 months. My patience and my husband's was tested during that time.

We tried to teach her everything we can to make her a better person but I guess 8 months isn't that enough. We even tried to understand her and adjust for her but still the same. I just hope that she learned something from us and from other Filipinos.

No comments:

Pages