February 29, 2016

My First Water Marble Nail Art

I've been wanting to do water marble nail art but every time I do it, I just don't get it right. I really don't know what did I do wrong on my first attempts. However, I don't easily give up! I am not that kind of person, hahaha! 

I tried doing it again one weekend while I was chatting with my in-laws. I know they were all surprised when I prep the things needed. I got a used medium-sized bowl, nail polishes of my choice; I used red, blue and purple and of course a pointed object, I used my dotting tool.  

I had to drop nail polish on the bowl of water until they form rings. After that, I did my design using my dotting tool, then dip my fingernail on the area of my choice. Using another dotting tool, I had to collect the unused nail polish on the water in a circular motion.  After removing my finger from the water, it was really messy! I had to patiently clean them with a cotton buds dipped into a nail polish remover. Darn! It was hard work!

I did my dominant hand first because I know I will have trouble cleaning it up if the my less dominant hand was already done.

Because of that, my dominant had was a lot better than less dominant one.

Dominant hand


Less dominant hand

After 2 hours of repeating the same steps on all my fingernails, I was done! No regrets at all, because the outcome was awesome! 

My dog fell asleep while waiting for me :D
I will try other colors and designs in the future!

No comments:

Pages