July 5, 2016

Photography: Practicing Long Exposure Shots

There are so many technical details one can learn from photography. I have just restarted doing it and when I read more about it, I get information overload. Recently, I really wanted to do long exposure shots but I really don't know how. Fortunately with thorough reading, I learned how to  set my camera hence I tried practicing it with the clouds every time I go bicycling. However, I was not lucky to produce the results I want.

Last weekend, I asked my in-laws to go with me to the swimming pool. It was a hot day so I wanted to swim and relax. I also intended to practice long exposure shots with the slide. It was really a hot day; I didn't bring my tripod with me so I had no choice but to lie down on a scorching cement near the pool to make my camera stable.  I had several shots because I almost got the results I want.




I used the shutter mode on the above three pictures. However, the results were not the ones I like.




I used manual mode on the above pictures. I played on the shutter speed and the exposure compensation until I got the right one on the last picture. My shoulder was burned because I was exposed under the sun for this but then it's worth it!

I'll bring my tripod next time so I can experiment on other subjects. Way to go!

1 comment:

Mona said...

I really like it and I am also waiting for the next information
raster to vector conversion service

Pages