March 30, 2023

Is This How It Should Be?

 

I lost myself in love, 

surrendered every inch of me 

to someone who never cared enough

to see the beauty I could be.

 

I thought I knew what love was 

but it was only an illusion. 

A fleeting feeling 

an empty buzz that left me with confusion

 

I gave and gave and gave 

but never received in kind

I thought I could be brave 

and leave the past behind

 

But every time I tried to leave, 

the pull of love was strong

And I was back again, 

to the same place where I didn't belong

 

I lost my sense of self 

in the pursuit of someone else's heart

I put my dreams on a shelf 

and watched them slowly fall apart

 

I thought love was supposed to heal 

but it only left me broken

And every time I tried to feel, 

I found that love was just a token

 

A token of affection 

that meant nothing in the end

A mere fleeting connection 

that I couldn't even comprehend

 

So here I am, lost and alone 

with nothing but memories to hold

I wish I could have known 

that loving wasn't worth the toll

 

But still, I can't help but wonder, 

if I'll ever find my way out 

of the spell that I'm under

And step into the light of a brand new day.




No comments:

Pages